Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 is a course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification Firewalls.
This course is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA).
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
For a preview of a Skillsoft Live Learning course, click here.
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW)
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy
- Module 1: Secure Design Principals
- Module 2: Network Infrastructure Protection Deployment
- Module 3: NAT Deployment on Cisco IOS Software and Cisco ASA
- Module 4: Threat Controls Deployment on Cisco ASA
- Module 5: Threat Controls Deployment on Cisco IOS Software
In addition, you will also receive access to supplemental material. Some of this material may include task-based lab simulations, mentoring support, online printable class notes and the Cisco Authorized Student Toolkit. Pre and Post assessments are available as may be a Test Prep exam which can be taken in study and certification mode to help you prepare.
This course is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. It is also perfect for students interested in pursuing their Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification.
Expected Duration (hours)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Valid CCNA Security Certification
- Or any CCIE Certification
Note: Candidates who have a valid CCNA Routing and Switching certification AND have passed either Securing Cisco Network Devices exams 642-551 or 642-552 can act as a prerequisite valid only through December 31, 2014.
Exams Associated with this Course